We have a number of pricing options for clients and our aim is to find every enquiry a solution that works for them.
- Prices range between €50-€70 for one to one sessions
- Relationship (couples counselling) sessions are priced at €90.
- We do offer a low cost counselling service subject to therapist availability & initial assessment. If you are interested in enquiring about this service or accessing other community & low cost counselling services please do enquire and we will make sure to explain all the options.
Private Health Insurance Cover
The below insurers cover counselling/psychotherapy on some packages. Please contact your insurer to confirm information as plans are regularly updated.
Below are the current eligibility criteria for coverage of counsellors/psychotherapists under Laya Healthcare’s Insurance.
(Your therapist may be required to supply a membership number or join the Laya database)
Adult Counselling – Counsellors & Therapists – as of 01.07.19 . This benefit applies to 360 care and 360 care select only
It covers up to 90% back on sessions cost
The counsellor or therapist must be a member of:
• The Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP);
• or The Irish Council for Psychotherapy (ICP);
• or the British Association of Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapy;
• or the Irish Association of Behavioural and Cognitive psychotherapy
• Membership of Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP);
• A Full Member of The Irish Council for Psychotherapy;
• A Full (Chartered) Member of The Psychological Society of Ireland;
• The British Psychological Society
Please contact Laya to confirm if your package covers counselling sessions.
Irish Life Health
Psychotherapy and Counselling benefit is available on 5 plans –
4D Health 2, 4D Health 3, 4D Health 4, 4D Health 5 and Better Select ILH.
It covers 50% of the cost of up to 12 visits and is capped at €1,000 per policy year.
A member with this benefit needs to submit their valid receipts to claim. The therapist/counsellor must be an accredited member of the IACP.
VHI have recently added a benefit onto some packages called Mental Health Therapy which gives money back on up to 12 sessions. Please make contact with your insurer for more information