The price of therapy is a significant commitment and can influence clients ending prematurely.
At Talk Therapy Dublin we have a number of options for clients and our aim is to find every enquiry a solution that works for them.
- Prices start at €50 for one to one sessions (for clients out of work or facing difficult personal circumstances).
- Relationship (couples counselling) sessions are priced at €90.
- The above pricing can be high for some client’s situations so we operate a low cost counselling service subject to therapist availability & initial assessment. If you are interested in enquiring about this service please make contact.
- We also have links to other community & low cost counselling services so please do enquire and we will make sure to find you a solution that works for you.
Irish Health Insurance Cover
The below insurers cover counselling/psychotherapy on some packages. Please contact your insurer to confirm information.
Below are the current eligibility criteria for coverage of counsellors/psychotherapists under Laya Healthcare’s Insurance.
(Your therapist may be required to supply a number and join the Laya database, updated January 2020)
• Membership of Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP);
• A Full Member of The Irish Council for Psychotherapy;
• A Full (Chartered) Member of The Psychological Society of Ireland;
• The British Psychological Society
Adult Counselling – Counsellors & Therapists – as of 01.07.19 . This benefit applies to 360 care and 360 care select only.
The counsellor or therapist must be a member of:
• The Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP);
• or The Irish Council for Psychotherapy (ICP);
• or the British Association of Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapy;
• or the Irish Association of Behavioural and Cognitive psychotherapy
Please contact Laya to confirm if your package covers this.
Irish Life Health
Psychotherapy and Counselling benefit is available on 5 plans –
4D Health 2, 4D Health 3, 4D Health 4, 4D Health 5 and Better Select ILH.
It covers 50% of the cost of up to 12 visits and is capped at €1,000 per policy year.
A member with this benefit needs to submit their valid receipts to claim. The therapist/counsellor must be an accredited member of the IACP.