Background & Training:
Nicola Hogan MIACP studied Counselling and Psychotherapy from 2010-2015 in PCI College and Middlesex University, where she received a BSc Honors Degree. She is a fully accredited member of the Irish Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Nicola has had a wide range of experience having worked with clients (18+) presenting with issues such as depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, bereavement, sexual abuse, historical abuse, relationship/marital breakdown, bullying, trauma and many more.
Nicola attends supervision and also a supervision peer group in accordance with the IACP code of ethics. Annual CPD workshops have included:
- Creative Therapies
- Emotional Intelligence for Success
- CBT Anxiety
- Using Dreams in Private Practice
- Introduction to Personality Disorders
- An Intro to Trauma
- Drug & Alcohol Addiction in Adolescents
- Symptoms and Meaning in Adolescence
- Healing Developmental Trauma- The Four Essential Pillars
- Fifty Shades of Light- reclaiming healthy relationships & sexuality
- Transforming Emotions in Psychotherapy
- Reflections on Suicide
- Mentalizing the ‘child in mind’: Mentalization Based Treatment & its application to work with parents who pose risk to their children
Nicola works as a humanistic therapist and integrates other theories in her work, such as, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Choice Theory and Psychoanalysis. She only uses art or dreamwork in session if the client is comfortable working this way.
She has a keen interest in Autism, Sexuality and Motherhood. The environment Nicola tries to create in session is relaxed, warm, open, reflective, honest, non-judgmental with a real compassion for the client who is brave enough to be sitting in front of her.
If you would like to contact Nicola please make contact here.